In recent days, most Windows 10 users are reporting error 0x800f0954 when installing .NET Framework 3.5 or sub-components. Whatever the reason behind the error is, the good thing is that you can fix the error by performing a few easy steps. Here are the best possible solutions to cope up with this situation.
.Net Framework 3.5 Error Code 0x800f0954
If the error code 0x800f0954 troubles you, use the following methods to troubleshoot it.
1- Install .Net Framework using powershell to Fix Error 0x800f0954
It is to be said that error code 0x800f0954 can be fixed by running a simple Powershell command. You can try this solution using the steps given below.
- Start with downloading the latest Windows 10 ISO file using Media Creation Tool,
- When the downloading is done, mount the ISO file by double-clicking on it,
- Note the driver letter of the DVD,
- Now open PowerShell as an administrator,
- In the Windows PowerShell, type command- “Add-WindowsCapability – Online -Name NetFx3~~~~ –Source D:\sources\sxs” and hit enter to run it.
Note- While using the above command, you must change the drive letter where your DVD is loaded.
- After running the command, you can check whether the .Net Framework is installed correctly. You can check with the following command and hit enter-
Get-WindowsCapability -Online -Name NetFx3~~~~
- Close the PowerShell window and restart your computer to check whether or not the error 0x800f0954 is resolved.
2- Resolve Error 0x800f0954 with Bypass the WSUS Server
If error code 0x800f0954 appears while trying to install optional Windows features, the possibility is your system might not support the windows update server. In such a case, you can follow the below-mentioned procedure to fix the error 0x800f0954.
- Press Windows+S keys together and type Regedit in the text field,
- From the results, select Registry,
- If UAC prompts, click the Yes option to grant the administrative privileges,
- Now access the following location with the following command-
- Now movie to the right page,
- Next, double click on the UseWUServer and set value data to 0,
- Click OK and shut down the Registry Editor Window,
- Restart your system and check if the error code 0x800f0954 is fixed.
If not, you can count on another method or clear your doubt with the experts.
3- Fix Error Code 0x800f0954 Through Group Policy Editor
If none of the above methods works, opting for a group policy editor might end up with you fixing the issue. But let us inform you that Group Policy Editor doesn’t work with all windows versions like Home. If you’re using a Windows version like Pro or Enterprises, follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- Right-click on the Start button of Group Policy Editor and select Run,
- Type gpedit.msc in the text field and hit Enter,
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, go to the following location –
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System
- Navigate to the right page, double click on ‘Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.’
- Now go to the next Window, mark the Enabled option to activate the options section,
- After this, mark the checkbox next to ‘Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services.’
- To save the configuration, click on the Apply,
- It’s time to restart your computer and check if this method resolves the problem. If not, the below details will explain to you what you need to do.
Code 0x800f0954 is nothing but a technical error. Careful attention to this post will help you come out of the complex situation. If nothing helps you, don’t be disheartened, you still have a solution. You can seek assistance from Pre PC Solution by contacting the experts through call or writing an email. Our experienced technical professionals excel in solving technical errors remotely quickly. Hire us and enjoy the following attributes-
- 24*7 available,
- Cost and time effective,
- Experienced Experts,
- Secure and Safe and
Either error code 0x800f0954 troubles you or any other issue, we are the one-stop solution for all types of error. Contact us any time, from anywhere!